Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here We Go Again

Today I officially return to freelance writer status. Or stay-at-home mom status. Or both, I guess, depending on the situation. 

It was my last day at the nonprofit. My co-workers and boss there are awesome and it was sad to leave them, but I'm looking forward to another summer with my boys. Well, looking forward to and dreading simultaneously. 

I am feeling the panic creeping in over once again having long stretches of days at home...with my boys...with no school. However, rather than responding to this panic by scheduling an activity for every day of the week, I'm trying to hold on and let it pass, reminding myself that having no plans means you can do whatever you want! Well, anything I want that includes my children. 

It will be fun! I will savor every moment of their fleeting childhood...enjoy all the time I have with them while they are still so young and sweet...and then when I've had enough, I'll send them to grandma's and go have happy hour with some adults. 

No comments: