Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grand Slam


Good morning. How could it not be a good morning with such a lovely sight? Thank you, Cakespy for starting off my morning right. If only this doughnut could magically appear at my door...

Ok, so anyway, last night I played my second game as a Skirt Turtle. (Unfortunately, we've had to miss several games because they kept getting scheduled at the boys' bedtime.) We WON! I played on a winning team! But wait, there's more: I actually scored a POINT! Me! 

Somehow I managed to hit a ball that got me onto first base -- which I would have considered a triumph in itself --  but then Mike hit a home run and suddenly I was part of a GRAND SLAM, which also included my husband. How cool is that? And my boys got to see the whole thing, which made it even better. Go Skirt Turtles!

We only have one game left -- perhaps I can still conquer my fear of the outfield.

1 comment:

Judith U. said...

Impressive ... But what about American Idol?