Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sweet Dreams

You know what it's like when you tear a recipe out of a magazine and then you try to make it yourself and it turns out exactly like it looked in the magazine? Right, me either. Except now I do(!) because yesterday I made this Upside-Down Sunshine Cake and, well, just LOOK! It was a thing of beauty. 

I realize this is a far cry from my dream of being a world-class pastry chef (you know, my dream that is not based on any innate ability and is therefore not actually being pursued), but I'm still pretty proud of myself. And it tastes good, too. (Don't we all need a little sunshine cake in our lives?)

Speaking of dreams, last night I dreamt that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were giving me a ride somewhere. You know, because we all happened to be in the same place and they just thought it'd be nice to give me a lift. And I was sitting in the passenger seat of their black SUV (Brad was driving, of course) and I was turned around talking to "Angie" (whom, I should note, I have loved since "Hackers") about how I have twins and she was asking me all sorts of questions about what she should expect. Brad didn't want to divulge a lot of details about their plans (for fear, no doubt that I would blog about them), but Angie was relating to me as a mom and thought he was being silly...

I, of course, think this must mean that Angelina and I are meant to be BFFs...however, I'm open to your interpretations.  

No comments: