Thursday, May 26, 2011

Check, Check, Go!

As I gear up for my much-needed and much-anticipated trip to Las Vegas(!) this weekend (as always, there will be a recap), I thought I should also announce that I think I managed to cross two more items off my 40 by 40 list!

You might not have noticed, but I posted a link to an article I wrote about being a theater widow a couple weeks ago. Well, it has since come to my attention that what I wrote is, in fact, a personal essay and it was technically published. I think I'm having trouble with this one because it sneaked up on me...it was too easy for something I thought was going to be super hard. I'm also not sure it stretched me in the way I thought that writing something for, say, Brain, Child magazine might have. Not that I can't still do that, but in the interest of giving myself credit for an accomplishment, I'm checking #5 off the list. Woohoo!

I'm also checking #22 off the list because after much trial and error, I believe I am capable of both appreciating and making a good martini. I learned that I was putting too much Vermouth in. And also that I don't like gin martinis, so my definition of a good martini is Grey Goose up, slightly dirty. Another woohoo!

And now with all those accomplishments under my belt, I am headed off to my happy place where I will lounge and play Monopoly slots and appreciate some more good martinis. Life is good.

1 comment:

Voix said...

Wow - two more things off the list? Awesome. So glad you had fun in Vegas.