Sunday, April 25, 2010

Goodbye #23

It's been a big week. The teenager announced that he wants to go to college (hallelujah), I saw Anthony Bourdain speak (awesome) and I completed number 23 on the ol' 40 by 40 list.

Now, if you want to get technical, I originally said that I wanted to "scrapbook" my boys' childhoods through age 5 . Well, as you can maybe tell in the photo up there, after spending roughly five years painstakingly glueing their first 18 months of photos into scrapbooks, I turned to digital scrapbookery, an option that I feel is acceptable given that I neither enjoyed, nor was skilled at, real scrapbooking. (And I breezed through four entire years of photos in a matter of weeks.)

Plus, the point was to get their precious little lives documented for posterity and I did that. Thank you Kodak and Shutterfly! (In case you're wondering, Shutterfly has a ton more page layout options than Kodak.)

And so, as we begin the countdown to the big 3-3 (we've still got more than a month), I have completed my five list items for the year! As long as I keep up this pace, I will knock that 40 by 40 list off with no problem. Yay me!

No comments: