Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Me, Meet Me

I need to say something aloud before I change my mind: I think I might be turning back into myself.

I mean, the me I was before I had kids. Obviously not the same person I was before I had kids, because my kids have both made me crazier and changed me in many, many good ways...

It's as if the me who had kids just finally had the time and energy to get to know the me from back before I had kids and we've worked out some kind of agreement on how to be a mom and a thinking person who enjoys non-kid-related things, without all the neuroses...well, with maybe slightly fewer neuroses.

I'm not being articulate. All I'm trying to say is that as my boys hurtle toward their 8th birthday(!), I'm starting to more vividly recall the days when life did not revolve around sleeping and eating schedules. And that's kind of exciting.

No comments: