Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Ah, Mother's Day. Do the rest of you moms fluctuate between wanting to spend the day cuddled up with your kids and wanting to jet off to a tropical island where no kids are allowed?

It's funny how a day that's supposed to honor us as mothers is so often used as an excuse to take a break from our kids...not that I'm criticizing. I think the year that we did brunch with the kids and then I flew away to New York with my husband and had dinner in my favorite NYC restaurant was probably one of the best Mother's Days ever. Like everything, it's about balance, I suppose.

This morning I had homemade (schoolmade) flowers bestowed upon me, as well as my coveted mortar & pestle! Then we stuffed ourselves silly at the same fabulous brunch buffet we attend every year. The one with the chocolate fountains and those amazing little desserts you see above.

The rest of the day will be spent laying around, waiting for the finale of The Amazing Race. And possibly making guacamole with my new toy. And dreaming of a tropical island.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: