Thursday, May 8, 2008

My TV Hangover

Hooray for another fun-filled Wednesday night of reality television!

First the American Idol results...I fast forwarded through 90% of the show, but I was glad to see Jason go home. He seemed happy as well, so I guess that's a win-win. But dude, if the idea of singing three songs in a row is too much for you, maybe you want to pick another career.

It almost seems pointless to make them sing next week since it's SO obvious that Syesha is going home, but of course, I'll watch anyway just in case something shocking occurs. Maybe David Cook will just bow out so he can go start his real music career without the albatross of being an American Idol winner.

Next it was time for the real highlight of my Wednesday: Top Chef. For some reason they decided to shake things up by replacing the signature Top Chef challenge, "Restaurant Wars," in which the contestants have to actually open a restaurant, design a menu and serve restaurant food, with the lame-ass "Wedding Wars."

What could possibly make the producers think that watching the chefs cater a wedding would be as entertaining as watching them launch an entire restaurant concept? I'm sure there was some delusion that they'd piss the bride off and we'd get some great clip of her screaming, "You ruined my wedding!" while throwing canapes. But of course that didn't happen because the contestants actually can cook - they're all professionals and they know how to make a wedding buffet. Lame. Lame. Lame.

I don't watch the show so I can see them make buffet food! I like to see what crazy fancy things they can create with, like, a piece of fruit, a bag of flour and a steak. They are chefs - let them cook the good stuff!

Still, I wasn't sad to see Nikki go. She wasn't going to win it. I don't even know who I'm rooting for...none of them are really that endearing, but I guess I'd say Richard and Stephanie are my frontrunners at the moment. Any guesses on who the hot guest judge is next week? It can't be Rocco again.

Alright, back to real reality with me. Until, of course, it is time for LOST tonight. Woohoo!

1 comment:

David Dust said...

The producers should be ashamed for "phoning in" such a lame episode.

With that being said, I STILL took the time to write a recap. I guess I am lame as well.

Click here for DavidDust's Top Chef Chicago recap.

:)