Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Got No Idols

Were we all just a little underwhelmed by last night's American Idol? The only really entertaining moment was David Archuletta attempting Chris Brown's "With You." And I mean entertaining as in totally awkward and cringe-worthy. But hey, he's a kid. At least he provided some comic relief. His other two songs were boring as could be.

Did Syesha look older last night? It's like they transformed her into a 35-year-old. Again, I was really hoping she'd blow me away...instead, I think she's sealed her fate as the third place winner (was it Paula who actually referred to her as "number 3"?). But that ain't too shabby. She can go to Broadway and belt it out on a nightly basis alongside all the other former Idol contestants. 

As for David Cook, he is still my favorite, but I feel like he's just my favorite by default at this point. I mean, I like him, but he's started screaming a lot. Add in the scrunched-up face thing, and it's getting to me. I thought he did a nice job with the Roberta Flack song, but the other two seemed like regurgitations of the last several weeks. Come on, DC, I wanna be inspired!

On an unrelated note, I've failed to mention that I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow morning (!!!!!!!!!!!). This means there will have to be a second blog later today...stay tuned.

2 comments:

Judith U. said...

Archuleta was HILARIOUS! DC is still my favorite too, but you're right ... it was a tad boring...

So looks like it will be old David vs itty bitty David? I'm rooting for DC. DA is just a little creepy to me ... Or maybe it's his dad that's the creepy one.

I hope Las Vegas is fun!

KK said...

It will totally be D v. D in the finals.