Monday, April 4, 2011

Two to Go

In exactly 2 months, I will turn 34. I just realized that I've only knocked out three of my 40 by 40 list items since my last birthday! If I'm going to stay on schedule, I have to complete five list items every year.

I'd love to have all of my friends travel to New York or Las Vegas with me and eat at either Per Se or Joel Robuchon for my birthday, but seeing as none of them are prone to jetting off for $400 meals at a moment's notice, that dream will have to wait.

In fact, none of the travel-related ones are going to happen in two months (I am going to Vegas again in May, but it's for a wedding and there are no 16-course tasting menus on the agenda)...you can also cross off learning to play guitar and having an essay or short-story published....it's not going to be Christmas or Thanksgiving before June...I already had my taxes done...and we've established that I've fallen off the exercise wagon so there's definitely no way I'm running a 5K yet.

I think this means that I'll be baking a pie and drinking a lot of martinis over the next 60 days. Or I suppose I could learn to change a tire...that would actually be a useful thing to learn sooner than later. Maybe I should start drinking the martinis now as a precautionary measure anyway - I mean, who knows how long it might take for me to learn to appreciate one? Based on the few martinis I've ever drank, it's an acquired taste...practice, practice.

3 comments:

Voix said...

I believe that a martini/Sephora combination could be possible. Discuss?

Grrrk said...

I can totally teach you how to change a tire. Shouldn't take more than 30 min - an hour if you're free some afternoon. Preferably a sunny afternoon.

KK said...

M - yes!

G - I may take you up on that...maybe in May when it might possibly be warm.