Saturday, April 16, 2011

Olive Juice

I made progress in my martini challenge last night. I finally had one I liked! However, it was a (just-slightly dirty) Grey Goose martini and, while enjoying it, I was informed that vodka martinis are not "real" martinis, so I guess I better acquire a taste for gin. 

I mean, I suppose I could declare a vodka martini a real martini if I want - I do get to set the rules when it comes to my 40 by 40 list, but I'd rather learn to enjoy the original. Too bad I don't have a chauffeur...I could sure drink a lot more martinis if I did. Maybe on my 50 by 50 list (gasp), I should put "Make enough money to afford a chauffeur." While I'm at it, I might as well add a housekeeper and gardener to the list...

In other news, today is one of those gray, cold, gloomy days (34 degrees - happy spring!) when everyone seems to be getting on each other's last nerve. For the kids, it's screech, whine, repeat. For the adults it's more like snappy-snap, silence, repeat. I think we all need a tropical vacation. And possibly some more sleep. In lieu of those things, I suppose I'll just try another martini. 

No comments: