Saturday, April 23, 2011

Baseball and Eggs (separately)

Today we made it through our first entire Twins game with the boys! This feat allowed me to learn that baseball has nine innings, not seven. (I don't know why I thought it was seven - is there a sport with seven of something?)

It was a cold, rainy day, but we had so much fun. It helped that we had good seats this time, so we could see what was happening without the TV screens. Plus, it was a daytime game (less tired whining) and we brought blankets. And we ate a lot of crap, which I'm pretty sure is an important part of the baseball experience.

Then, after the game, we dyed Easter eggs. For the first time ever, I undercooked the eggs. (Seriously, how do you hard boil eggs wrong?) Luckily we only cracked one...kind of a giant waste of eggs though.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter. We plan to pay reverence to the Cadbury Egg...truly a miracle.

Btw, I just learned the word "obeisance" and I think we should all try to use it in conversation tomorrow. Go!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I thought there were 7 chukkas in polo but it turns out there's 6. Thanks for making me google that. They're 7 minutes long!