Thursday, April 28, 2011

Free Time

I made the mistake of arriving early for my Dining Out for Life date, thinking I'd be able to work while I waited...only to find out the wifi is down.

So here I find myself with free time that I cannot occupy with work or reading (I forgot to bring my book) and it turns out that I'm very uncomfortable sitting alone in a booth with nothing to stare at but my Blackberry. It makes me paranoid, like the staff thinks I'm being stood up (but I'm EARLY! I want to scream, even though I'm not sure anyone actually cares whatsoever).

Really, I should be able to enjoy getting lost in thought during this "free time". I could think about travel or my kids or work or what I'm going to write my novel about...instead, I'm testing out this blogging via email function. Because then there's one less thing for me to do later.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Did you really type all of this on your tiny tiny Blackberry keyboard? Next time just focus on the drinking... that's what I do!