Monday, February 2, 2009

One More Round

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm going on a weekend getaway with two of my BFFs, one of whom is moving to India. I'm leaving in 3 days and while I'm sure I'd be excited no matter where we were going, I am especially excited because we're headed to my own personal happiest place on earth...

Yes, dear readers, I'm going back to Las Vegas!

Now, I have to admit that I was reticent to announce this trip because, well, I've been to Las Vegas three times already in the last year, which I think is a little excessive (fun, but excessive). However, I decided that if I started trying to sneak off to Vegas in secret, that would really make me an addict, so I'm coming clean. 

Plus, it wasn't actually my decision to go to Vegas this time, so I feel somewhat absolved. Is it my fault that Vegas is responding to our economic crisis by offering ridiculously cheap deals? No, it's simply the universe telling me to go to there. And far be it from me to argue with the universe. 

Will the universe also deliver a jackpot on the Monopoly and/or The Price is Right slot machines? Well, I certainly hope so. Either way, I get to play. 

You'd think I might be less excited about this trip given that I was just there 10 weeks ago. You'd be wrong. If possible, I might be even more excited, as I really didn't think I'd get back to Vegas this year. (Vegas works in mysterious ways.) 

I am hoping that my excitement will distract me from the heartbrokenness I feel about my friend moving so very far away. I think it will at least allow me to delay the feeling for another few days...yes, Vegas should be pretty good for that. 

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I'm sure a couple of pina colada footballs will wash those blues right away!