Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fabio-lous

Let's have a Top Chef moment, shall we? 

It's been a good season, although the product placement challenges are way out of hand. Was Quaker Oats really hoping to attract a whole new demographic by forcing a bunch of chefs to try to make something edible out of oatmeal and meat? You can see the contempt on all of the contestants' faces every time Padma announces the latest corporate sponsor. 

But anyway, onto more recent events. I was devastated to lose Jamie last week. I was really pulling for her to win the whole thing. Yes, she could be a bitch, but she could also cook, which is more than I can say for Miss "I just kinda gave up" Leah, who is only still there because the producers are hoping she'll hop in bed with someone...anyone.

I like Hosea, but he keeps screwing up. Ditto for Carla, plus I can't tell if she's the right amount of wacko or too much. I can't stand Stefan. I'm sure he cooks good food, but his pomposity is grating. 

Which leaves me rooting for Fabio tonight. I've found him (and his complete frustration with the competition: "Thatsa not cooking, thatsa rushing.") endearing for weeks, but I'm not sure if he's strong enough to win it. Still, I'm hoping he'll surprise me...or, at the very least, not get eliminated tonight. Go Fabio!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I heart Fabio, too!