Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Smart People Vote

We got our voting done early this morning. We brought the kids because we wanted to show them how important Election Day is. But really, this is the third time they've come with us to vote -- most recently, they accompanied us to the primaries -- so I'm pretty sure now they think voting is something we do every few months. The fact that we have to go to a church to vote seems to be more interesting to them than the actual voting, but you know, it's all a learning experience either way. 

Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait in line to vote. I don't know what this says about our neighborhood...I'm hoping it means that everyone is voting after work...everyone except the guy (I'm just assuming it's a guy) who erected the 8 foot tall tribute to John McCain in his yard.

I wasn't really going to post anything about voting today. I don't consider myself to be very political, but I've still voted in every election since turning 18. I do not understand how anyone could be so apathetic as to not vote in the presidential election -- especially this presidential election. We really have the opportunity to change our country today.

However, if you are that apathetic, then I don't really feel like trying to convince you otherwise. I also suspect that your unwillingness to vote is not your biggest obstacle in life...just a guess.

No comments: