Monday, November 3, 2008

Raisins

My boys have a thing for commercials. Lately, they've been singing the Raisin Bran Crunch jingle, which is simply, "Raisin Bran Cruuuuunch! From Kellogg." I think this explains why I grabbed a box of the stuff today when I only went to the grocery store for lemonade (I don't have an explanation for the Banana Split Oreos, except, well, come on...).

This afternoon, Owen discovered the cereal while scavenging through the pantry for a snack. "Mommy! You got Raisin Bran Crunch!" He screamed excitedly. Then, turning to the living room, "Aidan! Mommy got Raisin Bran Crunch!" 

"Do you want some for a snack?" I asked.

His eyes got wide. "No!" Owen yelled. "Because it has raisins and I...Don't...Like...Raisins!"

"Well, these raisins have crunchy stuff on the outside, so maybe you would like them," I offered.

He looked at me for a moment. "And what do they taste like on the inside?" 

"Well...raisins," I sighed. 

He cannot be fooled.

No comments: