Monday, July 14, 2008

Survival

Just a quick note to say that I survived my first visit back to the aforementioned lion's den today. There were no traumatic flashbacks and I don't even think I wanted to vomit when I entered the building...that, my friends, is progress.

I'd love to tell you that I totally rocked the meeting, but I think I actually managed to contribute nothing. Could be worse though...at least I didn't disrupt or otherwise derail the meeting. Pity the fool who comes between the borgs and their next strategic initiative.

I mean, er, I hope that next time I can better facilitate the development of a dynamic approach to the complex issue they are trying to tackle.

Yes, that's what I mean.

4 comments:

Curyusgrg said...

Ummm. The plural of Borg is Borg. I'm a lonely, lonely, lonely man. . .

KK said...

I'm resisting the urge to go correct it...I feel like it might be a good sign that I didn't know that one.

Kevin said...

Um, whatever. You can't call yourself a "writer" and not know how to pluralize things.

And, just FYI, I spent most of my day today trying to identify and implement a dynamic approach to complex problems in a planful manner that maximized safeness while simultaneously driving productivity.

Resistance is futile.

KK said...

At least I know "planful" is not a word...