Thursday, July 24, 2008

All the Fluff

Time to fluff up the blog a bit. I fear it's running the risk of taking too dark a turn and while it might be therapeutic for me, I don't really want to make the rest of you endure it...so bring on the fluff!

I read Courtney Love's blog on Myspace because I am totally intrigued by her...really, if someone gave her a 24-hour reality channel, I'd watch. It's like peering into a parallel universe. And yes, I do like her music. Unfortunately (though not surprisingly) most of her blogs are incoherent, but she must have been fairly lucid when she wrote this new one*...so now I get to my point: She says she's going to hang a sign on her computer that reads: "DO NOT BLOG. EMBARRASSES CHILD." 

Ha. Maybe DO NOT LEAVE HOUSE. EMBARRASSES CHILD. would make more sense. Seriously, Frances Bean is about a year younger than our teenager and if she shares his attention span, then I doubt she's ever made it more than 2 lines into one of her mother's blogs. But I love the humanity of it. Hey, if Courtney Love can raise a teenager, so can I, right? 

In other fluff, another Wonderful Wednesday on Bravo has passed. I'm already starting to think it was a bad a idea to put Project Runway and Shear Genius on the same night -- especially with Project Runway first. Project Runway is so good that Shear Genius is really paling in comparison...I mean, it's a great filler show for when the rest of my shows are on hiatus, but there seems to be only so much you can do with hair. And really, was all that crying really necessary last night? Rest assured, though, I will see it to the end. I couldn't possibly give up on one of my shows this far into the season. 

Btw, I am so glad Suede won. His was the best dress by far and the only one that didn't look like it fell off a truck headed for DEB. I kind of want to wear it...where would I be going? 

I have to say that Bravo is being very smart this season in keeping its viewers. I don't even usually watch commercials (I just see them zoom by on fast-forward), but I still managed to spot the teasers for the revamped "Million Dollar Listing," the new season of "Top Design" (which I kind of didn't think would ever return), and was even mildly interested in that salon show with Tabitha. 

But let's face it, I'll pretty much give any of their reality shows a shot. They clearly know how to appeal to my inner bitch/voyeur. Love it. 


*Edited 7/27/08: Ms. Love has removed this blog entry, claiming she didn't post it...hackers or something. Too bad.

No comments: