Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Goodbye, Kitty

This is Zara. I got her on my 15th birthday, when she was just 10 weeks old. 

We had a lot of pets when I was growing up, but Zara has always been mine. She accompanied me through all of my moves. She was there through high school, college, moving in with my now-husband... everything. She is the only cat I've ever met who could play fetch. Even my dad, who hated cats, liked Zara, whom he used to affectionately call "Cat in the Hat." She is a good cat.

The last few years haven't been that kind to Zara; between my adult-onset cat allergies and the birth of my boys, I haven't spent much time with her lately. Still, I hope that the first 11 years, when I spoiled her rotten, have made up for it. 

Today we must say goodbye to Zara. She is 16 and her kidneys are failing.

I will miss you, Zara. Just not your hair. 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what prompted me to look you up today of all days, but I did. And I am so sorry to read about Zara. I remember her arrival well, and though I have not seen her for many years, I am very sad to to know she is gone. Last November, Mr B., whom you may recall as Butthead, also died of kidney failure. I will be thinking of you and Zara.

KK said...

Zara must have been sending karmic signals out...that is a crazy coincidence. Hope you are doing well.

Judith U. said...

:(

Peace to Zara...