Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mondays at the Beach

This is what Monday mornings should be like...

In lieu of the grand family vacation I wanted to take this summer, we took a mini-vacation (minication?) to Duluth on Sunday. Yesterday morning, after enjoying our "free" hotel breakfast (Lucky Charms AND waffles? This is living!) we walked down to the beach so the boys could throw another five zillion rocks into Lake Superior before it was time to go home. 

I mentioned to my husband that I'd like to spend every Monday morning on a beach. He offered that perhaps that was just the structure that my crazy "let's live in an RV and see the country" plan was missing. So rather than wander aimlessly around the country, we could set a goal to wake up each Monday next to a body of water -- ideally one with crashing waves. Sounds good to me. 

So now all we need is an RV, someone to pay our mortgage while we're gone, oh, and a well-paying job that provides benefits while allowing us to work from anywhere, whenever we want. We'll be on the road in no time!

1 comment:

Butch Roy said...

I prefer "small-iday"