Saturday, June 7, 2008

If You Only Had a Blog

I wish all of my friends had blogs. Especially the ones who live far away, but really all of them. 

It would just be so nice to get regular updates on what they are doing or thinking or freaking out about. Updates that I can get while, say, my kids are playing the loudest game of tag known to man...or during the two minutes it takes to make my morning tea...or when I wake up at 7 a.m. and am home alone with my children and all of my childless friends are still tucked happily away in bed. 

And yes, I know you're thinking: Have you heard of email? Maybe I'm just a bad email friend, but most of my email conversations tend to have a specific topic, which then peeters out after a couple exchanges. I don't often find myself emailing each of my friends to say, "Hello! How are you? What's new? Let me tell you about my day." It sounds nice and all, but it just doesn't happen. Plus, a blog lets the author just say what's on their mind vs. answering questions about things that maybe aren't a big deal at the moment. 

I've mentioned this universal blog wish to a few of my non-blogging friends (which is most of them) and they all laugh and go on about how they have nothing to blog about. Except of course that's not true because, as far as I know, none of them spend their days sitting in an empty room staring at a wall. I mean, even if all they ever did was watch TV they'd have something to blog about (I do love a good TV blog). They are all thinking people with things going on in their lives. 

I also don't accept the excuse that anyone is too busy to blog, as I think we all find time to stare at the Internet for some chunk of our day or week and since a blog can be whatever you want it to be, it doesn't have to take a lot of time to write one. 

So anyway, I'm just putting that out there on the off chance anyone has been teetering on the edge of blogdom, wondering if they should take the plunge. Jump in! I can guarantee you at least one reader. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where would you like to read this blog? Any specific page?

KK said...

I'd take Blogger over My Space any day, but anywhere I can get an RSS feed is good for me.

Anonymous said...

did you get my phone message?