Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Yelling

Do all little boys yell...like, all the time? Or am I just the lucky one? It's like living with pterodactyls.

And it's not necessarily because they are unhappy, either. I mean, sure when one of them, say, gets to the bottom of the stairs first, the other one is obligated to scream as if his foot were being amputated. But it's just as likely that they are having fun by, say, jumping off the back of the couch and they are simply expressing their joy by screaming at the top of their lungs.

Even when I send them next door to grandma's (yes, we live next door to my mom) so that I can get some work done, their yelps float back over into my office...sometimes so often that I am forced to abandon my house and work from Starbucks (forced, I tell you). 

So does anyone know if this is typical? Can I expect it to subside anytime in the next decade? Will they eventually just wear out their vocal chords, or are they actually building superhuman vocal chords that allow them to yell continuously for 18 years straight?

4 comments:

Butch Roy said...

it prepares them for having annoying, noisy kids to have to yell at and over.

the cycle continues.

Nixie said...

I would blame their father if I were you, and because it is his fault it is obligation to fix it.

KK said...

If only it were that simple...

JKB said...

I have noticed as of late, girls have that too. I think they believe we will understand them better... cause we are foreigners.