Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Don't Need to Fight to Prove I'm Right

We were driving home from our super-fantastic visit to Adventure Peak -- the indoor playground my boys are finally old enough to roam free in while I read a book(!) -- when Aidan says, "You know what? The hardest part of doing a flip is getting your legs over your head." You mean, the flipping part? I did not say.

Since pretty much all that is on my mind right now is how and when our own personal teenage wasteland will evolve into maybe more of wild meadow (Have I mentioned I don't do well with metaphors? I fear this will prevent me from ever writing a novel.)... I thought my little truth sayer had a good point:

The hardest part of raising a teenager is the parenting part, what with all the boundary-setting and irrational hostility. If we could just figure that part out, we'd be set. So simple...in that impossibly difficult sort of way.

No comments: