Thursday, April 3, 2008

Going for the Gold

I have officially begun planning the boys birthday party. It is still two months away and already on track to be one of the tackiest birthday parties ever to be thrown by two 5-year-olds. 

You see, this is their golden birthday (I don't even know who explained this concept to them) so they have decided on a gold theme -- sensible, right? Gold invites, gold balloons...I'm going to see if I can wrangle a gold cake. Think kinder-disco. 

I've decided that gold decor is better than requests for lavish gifts, which I think is customary for most golden birthdays...though I wouldn't really know, as I was only 4 on my golden birthday.

And speaking of my birthday, I'm creeping into planning mode for that as well. My big day is the day before the boys' big day, so advance planning is mandatory unless I want my birthday to be forgotten entirely. (I don't, although people keep telling me I will someday.) Last year I planned a very elaborate affair for the big 3-0 so I said this year would be no big deal...only as it gets closer, I find myself wanting to come up with that perfect idea that would be fun, but not expensive, and unique, but not a pain in the ass to execute. Ideas? Please share. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an idea.. invite me this year!

Your friend in heart and laughter. Orley