Friday, August 29, 2008

Reality Recap - Tardy Edition

I'm a day late on my Wonderful Wednesday recap...I have to admit that I fell asleep during Shear Genius on Wednesday night and it didn't seem right to omit the show from my recap this week seeing as it was the season finale and all. 

But first, Project Runway. I was very, very skeptical of the Saturn-sponsored challenge (lame!), but it actually turned out to be pretty cool. I'm kind of amazed at what they were able to do with a bunch of car upholstery and seatbelts. 
 
Leanne won! Do I know anyone who would actually want to wear those things on their hips? No. But, I was still happy for her, even though I was rooting for Korto...
 
Her seatbelt coat was awesome. 

As happy as I was for Leanne, I was way happier to see Keith go home. 


I mean, good job not doing fringe for once, dude, but your model looks like she stepped out of a Gap ad circa 1981 (Do you like it when I pretend I have any idea what decade a look is from?). It's like she put on a terry cloth tank top with her work skirt and then sat for 4 hours. Not exactly glamorous. But even if his design hadn't been the worst, Keith would have had to go home for treating his model like such shit. And to think he was originally positioned as the modest Mormon.

Alright, onto Shear Genius. Charlie didn't win! I wish he'd been more literal with the final challenge and not just used it as an excuse to do period hair ("She's a movie star and it's the way she would have worn it in the movie, which was set in the 40's" - right). I mean, he does it well, but that just wasn't the challenge. So Dee won it...even though one of her models looked like this:



Alright, I guess that's fine. I was surprised, at least, even if I wasn't really excited about it. And so it was sort of a ho-hum end to an overall ho-hum season. 

Btw, is anyone else watching "I Want to Work for Diddy" on VH-1? OMG, I am in love with that show for no other reason than that his ego is so ridiculously humungous and the contestants are so obviously desperate to be near him. It's like The Apprentice except rather than becoming an executive who probably has little contact with the megalomaniac, you'll be groveling at his feet on a daily basis. What a prize. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, it's embarrasing, but we're hooked on "From G's to Gents" on MTV. I feel so much better with that off my chest.

KK said...

That is hilarious for so many reasons...but I absolve you of all reality TV-related guilt.