Thursday, August 14, 2008

Half the Wrap-Up

I know you guys eagerly anticipate my Thursday recaps of Project Runway and Shear Genius every week (I'm quite sure that "breathless" best describes your anticipation), so I am sorry to disappoint today by excluding Shear Genius from my recap. 

I seem to be unable to stay awake past 10 p.m. this week (perhaps it's the 450 mg of antibiotics my doctor is making me take for my sinuses?) and last night I started nodding off at the end of Project Runway, requiring me to stop and rewind just to make sure I saw who won and lost. Tragic. 

I thought it was a decent challenge although the team thing is so obviously just done to produce drama. I didn't really understand the Lipstick Jungle tie-in...Brooke Shields seems lovely, but wouldn't it be more fun if they designed clothes for people on other Bravo shows? Like, maybe they could redesign Zoila's (Flipping Out) maid uniform or make Jeff Lewis a suit. 

So anyway, Keith and Kenley won with this:
It was cute, but I thought Jerell and Stella's creation had more of Brooke Shields/Lipstick Jungle vibe: 

However, I think most of us would agree that Kelli and Daniel were the clear losers (you gotta see it without the jacket). 
I'm not saying I could do better, but you don't see me trying out for Project Runway, either. The only outfit close to as bad as that one was Blayne and Leanne (the oddest couple ever), who somehow thought they could make Bermuda shorts look like both work attire and club attire...even though they are never either of those things. 

I have to say, I think I'm over the celebrity guest appearance thing on this show...I mean, unless they were designing for Courtney Love (I know, it's always Courtney) or Marilyn Manson (or BOTH!), I feel like most celebrities just want to wear what's in fashion and I think the regular judges have a handle on what's in and what's out...

Do any of you have favorite designers so far? I'm finally starting to be able to remember who is who, but I haven't found myself rooting for anyone in particular yet. Although I think it would be awesome if himbo Blayne suddenly busted out some fabulously innovative creation that blew everyone away...something that wasn't neon.  We shall see. 

No comments: