Sunday, August 31, 2008

In the Weeds

BFF Rachel and I got a good deal on a nice hotel room downtown and went out for her belated birthday celebration last night. A good time was had by all, but the most glorious part of the escapade was waking up this morning at 7 a.m. (both of us - no alarm) and sitting in bed watching nearly all of season one of Weeds.  

I had never seen the show before, so I must now thank Rachel for giving me yet another TV obsession. 

So here I am, looking out at a week during which school will start, swimming lessons will start, dance class will start, my babies will become kindergartners, the teenager will turn the big 1-7, and my husband will be out of town for all of it...and all I want to do is live vicariously through a hot suburban mom who is able to afford a live-in housekeeper and a cute wardrobe all by selling pot to rich suburbanites. 

It's like just by being about pot, the show has turned me into a slacker who just wants to sit on the couch watching TV and eating Cheetos all day. 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome TV binge. ha! But why stop at Season 1??? Right, you have a life. ;-)

Good luck with kindy!

KK said...

Oh no, there will be no stopping...I've already got season 2 lined up on the Netflix queue. :)

Student of Life said...

LOVE Netflix for many reasons, but especially for the Weeds reason. I'm now a Weeds junkie. I'm now waiting for season three. I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I actually suggested we get Showtime. I got it bad.

Good luck with the first week of kindergarten. I know I'll be a basketcase when my time comes next fall.

KK said...

I feel your pain - I seriously considered just buying seasons 2 and 3 on iTunes so I wouldn't have to wait for the mail...

Thanks for the good wishes with kindergarten. Stay tuned for a play-by-play of the first day. :)