Thursday, April 9, 2009

On the Road Again

This morning will start with a stop at one of my favorite kid-friendly coffee places, Java Train, where I will indulge in a Cadbury Egg Mocha...will it be good? I have no idea, but I imagine that with the amount of sugar that must be in the thing and my love for Cadbury Eggs (when I was pregnant, I kept a gallon size ziploc bag of them in the freezer), it couldn't be terrible. 

After the coffee fun, I'm on the road again, headed back to Viroqua for what I hope (vow?) will be my last trip. While I'm road tripping through the less-than-scenic roads of southern Minnesota/western Wisconsin, I thought you all might enjoy some ideas for family activities this weekend (and Mama needs some clicks):

  • This Saturday is the MN Rollergirls Season Championship! Is roller derby kid-friendly? Find out

  • Perhaps you would enjoy a nature walk or a romp through a bog? Well, have I got a park for you

  • Or maybe you'd like to go bowling this Sunday...no wait, you'll be hunting for eggs or stuffing your face with chocolate bunnies. But maybe you'd like to bookmark this handy list of breakfast and bowling options for next Sunday. 
If you decide to do any of these things, please go back and leave comments on the Examiner site!

And in autism-related news, it looks like more celebrities are stepping up to support Autism Speaks. It's always nice when celebrities use their influence to spotlight worthwhile causes...versus making it all about themselves and their convoluted theories, which actually work against the causes they claim to support. (You didn't think we'd get through the whole month without mentioning her, did you?) 

4 comments:

E Erickson said...

hmmm, not sure which 'her' you are referring to...I'm confused.

Judith U. said...

I'm not confused. I love you.

~Michelle @ Don't Eat That Cookie~ said...

So how was that Cadburry Egg Mocha? Sounds delicious!

KK said...

The Cadbury Egg mocha was very similar to a regular mocha, tho maybe a little sweeter. I'm not sure the creme filling could stand up to the espresso. But it was still a fun idea.