Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Left My Heart...

OMG, this week is half over. April is almost completely over. I am losing all track of time. 

On the bright side, the hubby and I had a lovely weekend in San Francisco. 


I don't have much to say about San Francisco other than that I love it. I love it! I can't imagine why anyone who grew up there would ever leave, but I suppose you don't appreciate it as much when it's all you know. The ocean, the mountains, the cable cars, the hills, the metropolis-meets-co-op vibe...I just love it. 

And in case you were wondering, we did have the famous Irish coffees and although I would rank them below the ones I had in Dublin, they are easily the best I've had in the States. Plus, I love that the bartenders make them in mass quantities (like, eight at a time) and still take the time to stir each one lovingly. (We sat at the bar and got to witness the Irish coffee making up close...repeatedly.)

In addition to the all-too-brief fun in San Francisco, we also had a lovely time at the main event: our friend's wedding in Half Moon Bay. So beautiful. I've decided that every wedding ceremony should include the retelling of how the couple met. It's so much more personal and entertaining than any bible verse.

Anyway, now it's back to reality and somehow I've already worked my whole work week. Time flies. 

One more thing: Even if it wasn't still Autism Awareness Month (it is), I'd want to celebrate the fact that scientists have made some genetic discoveries about autism. It's a small step, but it's promising nonetheless. After all, it's very difficult to treat something when you don't even understand what it is. Yay scientists! 

Also, maybe you saw this already, but the Economist ran this interesting story about the link between autism and genius. I would have posted it earlier, but my mom had actually torn it out of the magazine for me and I've been conditioned to ignore a lot of the magazine clippings she gives me (sorry, mom), so I only just found it under a pile of coupons. 

1 comment:

Butch Roy said...

I'm a "hubby" now?!?
I don't want to be a "hubby"!!