Monday, September 22, 2008

Pie in the Sky

I woke up this morning fantasizing about becoming a pie maker. Learning to make flakey crusts from scratch…coming up with my own fantastic recipes à la “Waitress.”

I blame this fantasy on watching the American Pie Challenge on the Food Network before bed. And I’m still wondering how one becomes part of the American Pie Council…

But really, this is just part of the career crisis that seems to seize me every six months or so. I’m fantasizing about making writing a hobby and making something else my career…and I’m not saying that pie making is easy -- because, as it stands, the only pies I can make involve Cool Whip and pudding mix – but there’s just something so straightforward and honest about it.

Looks like that KitchenAid stand mixer is going on my Christmas list...it comes in boysenberry.

No comments: