Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Inevitable...and Delaying It



So I have a tiny respite from corporate propagandizing today and I'm trying to enjoy it, but I've got this travel writing assignment hanging over my head. 

In good news, I know what I'm writing about and it's pictured above (can you guess the location? "Nondescript forest" does not count.)...at least it's something nice to think about even if putting word to page is feeling a little daunting at the moment. 

In bad news, there is sickness on the horizon. Both the boys are stuffy and glassy-eyed today and I'm getting that familiar hot/cold feeling mixed with a headache that won't quit...the first cold of the school year is coming for us. 

This means I should really get my piece written tonight, before waking up with a sore throat and clogged sinuses...or worse, before the kids wake up with fevers and can't go to school tomorrow. Crap. This seriously conflicts with my predilection for procrastination.

No comments: