Friday, September 26, 2008

Competition, Here I Come...

Tomorrow I am doing something I have never done...

Competing in a RACE! Not just any race, mind you, a race based on a reality television show (really, what other kind of race would I enter myself in?). 

It's called the Great Urban Race. This company goes from city to city staging these Amazing Race-type events -- only unlike The Amazing Race, you actually have to solve clues to figure out where to go. (How can I get such a job?)

Those of you familiar with my affinity for treasure hunts can appreciate the dream-come-true quality of this occasion. 

Of course, I'm not competing alone. It's teams of two and my BFF/cosmic twin Kevin has agreed to be my partner...his commitment to winning is questionable (that's a total understatement), but I am confident we can at least finish the thing within the allotted 5 hours. 

Our team name is K-squared (he's a KK, I'm a KK). We even got matching shirts made! Here's our team logo:

In case you're not well-versed in Wingdings, this is what you get when type "KK", which is an amazing coincidence since it's also an accurate depiction of our attitudes toward most things. (But not treasure hunts, treasure hunts get a giant, beaming smiley face from me!)

I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. It could end in victory. It could end with us crying on the street corner, still stuck on clue #1. More than likely, it will be somewhere in between those two scenarios...let's hope there is no skyscraper bungee jumping or eating of pig intestines. Cuz we are not competing for a million dollars.

I promise a full recap tomorrow (or possibly Sunday if I'm wrecked after the intense competition).  Go K-squared!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Who is this chump and how did you get him to agree to participate in this race???

KK said...

:)

hellokittiemama said...

Oh Fun!!!

I'd LOVE to do that kind of competition!!!

Can't wait to read all about it.