Monday, January 19, 2009

Teething

I went to the dentist today. A new dentist. I needed a cleaning, but I mostly wanted him to fix my front tooth, which mysteriously developed a dark spot on it sometime last week. No matter how hard I scrubbed, I couldn't get that damn thing off. I even gave up red wine, worried it might be culprit.

As soon as I saw the spot, I figured, "Oh great, now I'll probably finally get a job interview." And I did. Only I fooled the universe by getting into the dentist's office before the job interview (which is Thursday!). 

So the dentist came in and I made it clear that my only tooth-related concern was the spot. He began asking the standard questions about how much coffee I drank, etc. -- I cut him off with, "Yes, I drink a lot of coffee and tea...and I drink red wine." 

His immediate response: "Well, you don't want to give up the red wine." I think that I like this dentist.

Turns out the tea -- not the wine or the coffee -- was the main culprit, but the helpful hygienist was able to get the spot off with the high-powered polishing machine. Hallelujah. 

So bring on the red wine! And the job interviews! I'm ready.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You should drink the red wine DURING the interview. That's sure to impress...

KK said...

They should really just serve wine at interviews - I think it would be better for everyone.

Brandy said...

Good luck on the interview! I think you should bring a bottle of wine as a gift :)