Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Look Out, Mickey

The countdown is on. Three days from now, we will be on a plane headed to Disney World. My kids are overjoyed. I share their enthusiasm, though more than being excited about visiting The Happiest Place on Earth, I am excited about having my husband with us for five days straight. (He is currently away on his third business trip of the month.)

Amid all the Disney excitement, my boys have started debating whether the Magic Kingdom is, indeed, magic. Owen is on board with the fantasy, exclaiming "Everything there is magic!" 

Aidan is more skeptical. While peering into the refrigerator yesterday, he suddenly turned to me and said, "I don't really think everything there is magic." And then he began muttering about how, logically, it just wouldn't be possible...sometimes, I'm afraid, he's a little bit too much like me. 

He's right, of course, maybe it isn't all magic. Except at his age, maybe it should be. "Why don't you wait until you get there to decide?" I suggested. "Maybe it really is magic." 

To that, he just shrugged. 

1 comment:

Student of Life said...

Safe travels. I can't wait to take my boys some day.

I REALLY know what you mean about wanting to have your husband with you for five days straight. Mine is on his second international trip of the month. It's a lonely life sometimes.