Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Geminis are We

It's June! Birthday month at our house. Yes, everyone living in our house celebrates their birthday this month. The boys and I celebrate back-to-back, which I have to say, for one who loves to celebrate her birthday, is not ideal, but I still make sure my day gets a little love.

I'll save my reflections on how exactly it could be possible that my babies are turning SEVEN until that big day arrives. For now, I'll just tell you that in addition to having my own birthday to get excited about, I've got 16 children coming to my house on Saturday. 16. Plus my two. Why the hell would I invite 16 children to my house? I guess I really like those boys. And, well, I've never been very good at editing invite lists. Probably no one was more surprised than I when we managed to come up with more than 100 people to invite to our wedding.

For the record, I lobbied hard for the non-party, in which each kid invites one, nice, manageable friend to go play minigolf and go out to dinner. Apparently I'm about 10 years early with that idea...oh well. At least it's not a slumber party, right?

(Btw, let's all take a moment to praise antibiotics. If I ever tell you I've had a sinus infection for three weeks without medical attention, please remind me how much better life is when I am healthy. Thanks much.)

No comments: