Monday, June 28, 2010

The Jazzercise Experiment: Day Two

I took an exercise class I actually liked! The ballet bar class...bars class...behind-the-bar class, whatever it's officially called, it was great! Yes, that's right, I am describing a form of exercise as "great."

First of all, I found all of the youngish, in-shape people. They are all at bars class.

Second, I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow, but it's the good kind of pain where I can tell I was actually doing something good for me.

Third, I didn't completely suck at the class, which I think is important. Maybe some people out there like to do things they are terrible at as some sort of personal challenge, but I prefer to do things that don't make me feel like an idiot.

So hooray! The Jazzercise Experiment might not be the failure I was starting to worry it was going to be. But I have to find out if they'll let me switch any of my already scheduled programming over to bars before I lose my enthusiasm. Stupid enthusiasm, always getting lost.

1 comment:

Voix said...

Yay! Anything fun and movement oriented totally counts.

Try Zumba - it's like latin dance jazzercise. Totally fun, and you get to swish your hips a lot.