Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Ready to Examine You Now

Here's the info I promised on that new writing gig I am so excited about:

I'm writing for Examiner.com, a newish website that covers local news and events in major cities throughout the country. I am the new Twin Cities Family Entertainment Examiner, which means that I get to write about cool family activities, dining options, and other fun stuff. 

There are examiners on a wide range of subjects, everything from hunting to books. Everyone is in charge of their own stories, so you'll also find a range of writing abilities and styles (that's sort of a warning).

But here's the really important part: I get paid based on how many people read my stories. (Yes, I might have found the only job that pays less than the bakery.)

So if you have kids, or maybe if you just like me, it would be awesome if you would be a loyal reader and tell all of your friends. All of them. And hey, even if you don't live in the Twin Cities, maybe you'll get inspired by reading my articles and find something similar to do in your city! 

You can view (and bookmark!) my Examiner page here:

I've only got one story up so far - bowling, anyone? - but there will soon be many more. Enjoy, and please feel free to post comments and/or email me with suggestions!

No comments: