Friday, October 10, 2008

Will Bingo for Plinko

This week has been game show-tastic. Not simply watching them, but also playing -- or wishing I could. 

First we had the premiere of Bingo America on GSN. Now, I probably never would have thought to watch this show...I mean, who wants to watch bingo on TV? But my kids were immediately intrigued (I think the producers might have overlooked the kindergarten demographic). Before I knew it, they were giddy with anticipation, actually measuring other events in relation to the premiere of this show. As in, "Our class is going on a field trip on October 9th! That's three days after the premiere of Bingo America!" (yes, it's weird)

So we watched. The boys loved it. It made a nice distraction while I cooked dinner. Then, on Wednesday, I realized you could actually play along at home for free and win money. This was particularly interesting to me since that same day I had found out about this...


Yes, that's right, my most favorite game show (and slot machine) is now a Wii game!!!! It's only $40, but not $40 I can justify at the moment in our fragile family budget, so I've gone hunting for other sources of income...

And so from now on, at 5:30 p.m. CST, you will find my boys and me watching Richard Karn and frantically marking off our bingo cards, all in the hopes of winning $50 ($250 on Wednesdays!). No wins yet, but we're not giving up.

I like to think this is a lesson that will serve them well later in life: When all else fails, gamble. 

I see many trips to Vegas in our future. 

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Your kids are going to need SO much therapy when they become adults and realize that everyday life doesn't involve plinko or whamies or double jeopardy...

KK said...

Who says everyday life can't involve those things?