Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hippies Attack!

Awhile back I mentioned my first job about of college, where I worked for a hypocritical hippie and ended up storming out because of his complete lack of journalistic ethics.

I thought it to be a BWE that Mr. Peace & Love showed up in the paper today. This time his sloppy "journalism" has landed him in court. Really? You can't just publicly imply wrongdoing without having any sources?

I love that he's taking the civil liberties martyr route given that this is the man who told me I could no longer write about venues that refused to advertise in his paper. The man who stopped my last paycheck out of spite and who later got dragged into small claims court for pulling the same stunt with two more editors after me. (and was ordered to pay, I might add)

I'm not bitter (okay, I'm still a tiny bit bitter), I just can't believe someone can be so obviously hypocritical without any kind of self-awareness.

Anyway, reading the article was a little blast from the past for me. And yes, it's nice to see that someone found a way to prosecute him for his complete disregard for journalistic ethics and integrity. He should be an embarrassment to hippies (and journalists) everywhere.

No comments: