Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sweet Stuff

Everywhere I look, I see recipes for new holiday treats. I might as well just start eating butter by the pound. (Ironically, I injured my back yesterday helping my husband carry the treadmill up the stairs because I insisted that I was going to start using it immediately...yep, right after I can stand upright again.)

One of my favorites is still my recipe for cracker toffee, which is essentially just saltines, chocolate chips, lots o' butter and some brown sugar (it is now up to you to assemble those ingredients just right), but my eye has been wandering to peppermint bark, fancy pink macaroons and even The Amateur Gourmet's stupidly simple recommendation of peanut butter Ritz crackers dipped in white chocolate. Yum!

Will my imaginary treadmilling counteract the effects of all this sweet goodness? I think we all know the answer to that. 

4 comments:

Twocherries said...

funny Jack and I just made the Ritz cookies w/peanutbutter today. When we gonna make the other ones? or do I just get to eat the ones you make?

Twocherries said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

LOL welcome to reality...

me, I'm resolving to do Atkins come New Years. We'll see how long that lasts...

E Erickson said...

Or spreading peanut butter between Club crackers works too! Either chocolate or almond bark is good, I think! Ellyn