Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ladies and gentlemen, my Christmas shopping is complete. And not just the shopping, but also the wrapping (but that was mostly just because I didn't have anywhere to hide all the stuff).

All I've got left to do now is some baking (homemade gifts are totally recessiontastic, you know) and the annual trip to Target where I let the boys pick out a gift for dad. So I guess, technically, that means I've still got some shopping left to do, but really, they are the ones shopping, not me...so I still say I'm done. 

Letting the boys wander around Target and pick out whatever they want (within reason) for my husband just started last year, but it's something I picked up from a former boss of mine, whose husband used this tactic with their then-three-year-old. My boss wound up getting Scooby Doo floor mats for her car that year. (practical AND fun!)

The process goes against my control freak nature, but last year my boys did great. Aidan was drawn to the automatic tie rack, while Owen chose a Nerf dart gun. I kept asking, "Are you sure this is for daddy and not for you?" and Owen assured me it was for daddy. Turns out the kid is telepathic or something because my husband gleefully informed us on Christmas morning that he would be bringing the toy to work, where all of his co-workers already had their own dart guns. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what they choose this year, although I suspect they will attempt to capitalize on the fact that my husband likes our Wii almost as much as they do. Perhaps I could suggest that daddy would really like a foot massager or a stand-up mixer...

1 comment:

Butch Roy said...

daddy already has a foot-massager AND a stand up mixer. she's too busy blogging right now....


now where's my martini??