Friday, December 12, 2008

Rudy toot-toot and rummy tum-tums

Despite my fantasies about having a no-spend Christmas -- which, btw, are purely motivated by our less-than-stellar financial situation, not my attempt at making some anti-commercialization of Christmas statement -- we will still buy this Christmas. But mostly just for the kids, as it should be. 

We aren't going nuts this year, but we'll still be able to grant them the wishes they've asked for from Santa. Although I have to be honest...it's kind of unfair that Santa gets all the credit for delivering the things they want most.

So what did my kids ask Santa for this Christmas?

Wii Music, of course, which I'm hoping will give us a respite from Tetris Party and Super Monkeyball Banana Blitz while also maybe providing some sort of educational benefit. There has to be something educational about playing instruments with a remote control, right?



Yes, that's right, it's the Press Your Luck DVD game. Bet that's not on your kid's list! Owen really took a liking to this game...it's still unclear why, but who am I to deny an appreciation for the classics? (And no, Santa did not laugh when Owen asked for this, but I think that's only because he had no idea what he was talking about.)
This is the Nerf N-Strike Longshot. Where Aidan heard about it, I have no idea, but I figure it's better than the Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle...I don't think you can shoot your eye out with a styrofoam dart, but I guess we'll find out.  
Ah, board games. Ok, so this one apparently requires you to hurl things around, but it should still make for some family fun...or at least, it should keep the boys occupied while I leisurely enjoy my US Weekly subscription that I just know Santa will finally bring me this year...I mean, how else will I track Britney's comeback?

So those are the biggies for my kids this year. What's at the top of your kids' lists this Christmas?

No comments: