Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hold onto Nothing

And Greg he writes letters
And burns his CDs
They say you were something in those formative years
Hold onto nothing
As fast as you can
Well still pretty good year

If you don't know that song, you must go listen at once. It's the song that plays on a loop in my brain every New Year's. 

And I think 2011 was a pretty good year. When I think back to what I've been doing these past 12 months, it doesn't really seem monumental, just...good.

Let's see...

I ran a 5K, which was pretty amazing. 

I went back to Vegas (twice), which is an important part of every year. 

I got a new job, which was a big change. 

I made a pake, which was fun.

I drove the Pacific Coast Highway with my family, which was awesome. 

I guess, most importantly, I got to see nearly all of my friends at some point this year (which is a bigger feat for some than others). We're all pretty healthy. We have a nice house to live in and good food to eat. 

Yep, pretty good year.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

That does sound like a great year. 5K is most impressive. I've just decided to attempt to start jogging, very slowly, very gently. If I can make it once round the park without expiring by the end of the year, I'll consider it successful.

Voix said...

FACT: I'm loading that Tori Amos CD to my computer RIGHT NOW. Glad you haven't given up on blogging yet.

Anonymous said...

Tegel Outlet
Great post.. well done!!