Thursday, January 19, 2012

How secure is your tupperware?

Well, hello there. It's been awhile...how are those New Year's resolutions holding up?

Me, I didn't make any. I surely did not resolve to blog more often, so, you know...we're good there.

I did have a rush of inspiration the other night during which I thought I would make this blog into a "Thought of the Day" thing because it would possibly motivate me to post more often...because I have many thoughts in any given day and surely at least one of them would be worthy of sharing. Clearly I did not then run to my blog and blog...sigh.

I also considered just abandoning ship. Just never coming back to ever blog in 2012. But that would be a little sad I think. I mean, even if I've lost all but three followers on this thing, it still means something to me.

Yeah, so here I am rambling. I'd like to promise you a thought every day. I'd like to.

Instead, what I can deliver to you today is this:

I had a dream maybe a week ago that's really stuck with me because it seems like such a clear message of some sort. I was in a hurry and walking through all different sorts of scenarios...some work-related, some social, but the whole time I was carrying this tupperware container and the lid was too small. I kept looking at it and trying to figure out how to make the lid fit, but I couldn't, and so I had to keep balancing this container (of soup?) and trying not to spill it.

The dream ended with me crouched on a skateboard, riding down a tall a parking ramp at high speeds, still holding the tupperware. Every surface had a Facebook status on it, as if you could now post status updates on every physical surface in the world somehow. I was going really, really fast on that skateboard and then I crashed. And I woke up.

So, you know...may your lids all fit your containers, or something.