Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Those Who Wait

I spend a lot of time envision possible scenarios...for nearly everything. To be more accurate, I envision all of the possible ways things could go wrong in nearly every scenario...because it helps me feel more "prepared," which, of course, is usually not true, but it's still what my brain tells me. It's not fatalistic necessarily, it's just a need to feel like nothing is going to catch me off guard. It's anxiety.

Anyway, lately I've been spending a portion of my time envisioning what it might be like if things went right. If things worked out. If everything came together. I'm not kidding myself into thinking I'm one good move away from utopia or anything, but I have a strong sense that we're on the cusp of good things. That maybe I've gotten to a point in my life where I can see the good things on the horizon and am willing to make difficult choices in order to clear the path...to ready myself for the opportunities.

Btw, is something really an opportunity if you don't ultimately want it? I've been asking myself that question as I've been weighing the aforementioned difficult choices. I have historically found myself not wanting to walk away from "opportunities" on the basis that many people want what the opportunity provides...even if I'm not one of those people. I don't really want to do that anymore.

So here's to good things and letting yourself to believe they will happen. Anxiously awaiting their arrival, even.

No comments: