Monday, October 26, 2009

New York State of Mind (and Stomach)

Every time I blog about my anxiety, I proceed to feel anxious for at least 24 hours about whether or not I should really provide such peeks into my neuroses...It makes me feel like one of those crazy girls who corners you at a party and misinterprets a friendly gesture as an invitation to explain how her parents' divorce when she was three has caused her to develop unhealthy coping mechanisms and she thinks that's why she only dates kleptomaniacs or something. You know, one of those girls.

Anyway, how about some lighter fare this evening?

My husband is in New York City for the week and might actually get a long enough break from his button-pushing to venture out on the town once or twice. As I was thinking of places to suggest that he venture to, I remembered that I put together a list of restaurants in Manhattan where I want to dine. You'll note that a large percentage of this list feeds my desire to integrate reality TV/Food Network/celebrity chefdom into my life. (Perilla was on this list before my last trip.)

I don't know whether I'll ever make it to all of these places, but I figured it would be fun to post the list here so that anyone who has been to any of them could advise for or against. Or that possibly the next time you find yourself in Manhattan, you could refer to this list, go to one of the restaurants and tell me all about it, so that I can live vicariously through you.

Here goes (in no particular order):

  • Babbo
  • Bar Americain
  • Del Posto
  • Esca
  • Lupa
  • Les Halles
  • L’Atelier
  • Per Se
  • Le Bernardin
  • Otto Enoteca and Pizzeria
  • Craft
  • The London
  • WD-50
  • Maze
  • CafĂ© Boulud
  • Bouchon Bakery
  • Mia Dona
  • Centro Vinoteca
  • Kefi
  • Bolo
  • Paladar
  • Morimoto
  • Payard Patisserie & Bistro
  • Anissa
  • Butter
  • Barbuto
  • Spotted Pig
  • Masa
  • Momofuku
  • Mercer Kitchen
  • Nobu
  • Jean Georges
  • Gotham Bar and Grill
  • Pastis
  • Convivio
  • Sarabeth’s
  • Le Cirque
  • Max Brenner
Yep, so only like 30 trips to go...no problem.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Holy cow! You need a separate 40x40 list just to accommodate food...