Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggsistential

I tend to get overwhelmed with the negatives in my life. They hover like a dark cloud…my need to figure out how to fix them gnaws at me.

Sometimes though, I snap myself out of my snow-coated thought cage and realize that I’m standing in my kitchen at 9 a.m., wearing my pajamas and eating a Cadbury egg. Things can’t be that bad if I don’t have to be anywhere and I’ve got a kitchen and a Cadbury egg, right?

(When I typed that, I realized there’s a wholly depressing other way to interpret that scenario, but for me it was a positive.)

What’s my point? My point is that sometimes I just want to stop thinking about how to be happier and just be happy. I was happy with my Cadbury egg. No, that Cadbury egg won’t pay off my debt or make me love my job, but it was nice while it lasted.

So...I hope you all find your own Cadbury eggs today. Happy Easter!

No comments: